Canada's Maple Leaf Trail
April - October 2014
Stunning cities, breathtaking scenery and 'big skies'
Take the 'Maple Leaf Trail' from Ontario's warm and welcoming waterfront capital, Toronto, and head north to Canada's historic capital Ottawa, then east into French Canada to glorious Olympic Montreal, and finally to picturesque Quebec. All this - plus a visit to the awe-inspiring Falls at Niagara - make this a journey you'll never forget.
Tour Highlights And Inclusions
- Gaze in awe at tumultuous Niagara Falls, one of the natural wonders of the world
- Waterfront Toronto, on the shore of Lake Ontario, and its sky-piercing CN Tower
- Leisurely stays in Niagara Falls, Toronto and Montreal, staying in excellent hotels with plenty of time to explore
- Travel the 'Maple Leaf Trail' through stunning scenery
- Explore Victorian Ottawa, the elegant Canadian capital
- Journey into the French Canadian province of Quebec
- Explore stylish, sophisticated Olympic city, Montreal
- Charming, UNESCO-listed Quebec City overlooks the mighty St Lawrence River
- Six nights' room-only accommodation at a series of good-quality hotels in Niagara Falls (2 nights), Toronto (1) and Montreal (3)
- Return flights from your chosen airport to Toronto
- Comfortable, air-conditioned coach travel and transfers
- Fully escorted by a friendly, experienced Tour Manager
Single rooms are available for a supplement
Fly to Toronto and transfer to your first hotel in Niagara Falls for a two-night stay. Enjoy your first glimpse of one of the world's greatest natural wonders. The colourful, relaxed resort that has grown up next to the Falls offers a host of diversions, and you'll find many restaurants, bars and shops in addition to the magnetic, mesmerising draw of the roaring waters.
Spend an unforgettable day in Niagara Falls. Board the Hornblower Niagara cruise (payable locally) for a spray-soaked passage close to the foot of the torrent, and perhaps join us for lunch with a view at the Sheraton on the Falls Penthouse Fallsview Dining Room. Later, explore the attractions of Clifton Hill or stroll up to the Fallsview area, with its impressive casino.
This morning, enjoy the stunning views on an optional 10-minute helicopter ride. Afterwards, we'll travel the short distance to Toronto, on the shores of Lake Ontario, via the exquisite town of Niagara-on-the-Lake, one of Canada's oldest settlements and home to the renowned Shaw Festival Theatre. In the afternoon, join our optional guided tour for an insight into Canada's largest city. Highlights of the tour include Chinatown, Victorian Cabbagetown and stylish Yorkville.
This evening, step outside to explore, or remain in the climate-controlled comfort of the city's 11-kilometre PATH interconnected shopping and entertainment system.
This morning we follow the 'Maple Leaf Trail' to romantic Ottawa, Canada's beautiful administrative capital, with its Victorian houses and famous Rideau Canal, set against the leafy background of the Gatineau Hills. After a chance to explore, you'll continue to the great French Canadian province of Quebec, and to Montreal, Canada's second city. Enjoy a three-night stay in this, the country's undisputed centre of style and sophistication.
Get to know Montreal on our optional guided city tour, which will take in the Vieux Port area and the lively Plateau Mont Royal, with its countless shops, bars and restaurants. This evening, step back in time and dine in the style of a bygone century by joining our optional Maple Delights dinner excursion in Old Montreal.
Visit charming, historic Quebec City, one of Canada's oldest settlements, with its stunning Chateau Frontenac, ancient ramparts and UNESCO-listed centre, overlooking the mighty St Lawrence River. Enjoy an optional walking tour to discover this wonderful city, before returning to Montreal to spend a final evening soaking up the atmosphere.
Journey back to Ontario, making your way to Toronto Airport for your overnight flight home.
Arrive back home, after an overnight flight.
Further Information - Click here to display details
Hotel Information - Click here to display details
Prices & Departure Dates - Click here to display details
Customer Reviews - Click here to display details