Elvis Presley's Memphis, New Orleans and Nashville
March 2012 - May 2014
BOOK NOW? PAY LATER!
£50 LOW DEPOSITS UNTIL 7TH MAY*
Discover the world of WC Handy, Robert Johnson, 'Fats' Domino, Chuck Berry, Hank Williams, Patsy Cline, Dolly Parton and, of course, Elvis Presley. We'll take an unforgettable journey through America's musical heartland, heading from the cradle of the blues and Dixieland Jazz to the undisputed capital of Country Music - Nashville!
Tour Highlights And Inclusions
- Montgomery is resting place of country legend Hank Williams
- Journey through the sleepy countryside of Alabama
- Spend two nights in New Orleans, the irrepressible, colourfully exuberant and laid-back 'Big Easy' and birthplace of jazz
- Take in the atmosphere of New Orleans' famous French Quarter
- Visit Elvis' tiny birthplace in Tupelo, Mississippi
- Cotton capital Memphis, Tennessee - once home to the 'King'
- Enjoy an evening on Memphis' famous Beale Street
- Discover Nashville, world capital of Country Music
- Seven nights' room-only accommodation at a series of good-quality hotels in Montgomery (1 night), New Orleans (2), Memphis (2) and Nashville (2)
- Return flights from your chosen airport to Atlanta
- Comfortable, air-conditioned coach travel and transfers
- Fully escorted by a friendly, experienced Tour Manager in the USA
Single rooms are available for a supplement
Fly to Atlanta to board the coach for the transfer to your overnight hotel in Montgomery. The Alabama state capital was the birthplace of troubled country superstar Hank Williams, whose all-too-brief but glittering career is celebrated in a fascinating museum in the city.
Today you'll head south, across the sleepy countryside of Harper Lee's Alabama, into Louisiana and along the Gulf Coast to New Orleans. Soak up the atmosphere of this exuberant and exciting city, perhaps joining our optional steamboat dinner jazz cruise.
This morning's optional guided city tour introduces the 'Big Easy'. Don't miss the time-warped, iron-balconied buildings of the French Quarter, centred on Jackson Square. Afterwards, join our optional Louisiana swampland excursion for a glimpse of the city's surrounding countryside and a taste of Creole life.
Head back to the 'Quarter' tonight, to immerse yourself once again in the place where the legacy of Louis Armstrong and 'King' Oliver lives on in innumerable bars and clubs, and on every lively street corner.
Leaving New Orleans today you'll start your Elvis journey with a visit to Tupelo, where you might wish to visit the tiny house that was the star's birthplace (entry not included).
Afterwards, a short journey brings you to Elvis's beloved hometown, the bustling cotton capital of Memphis. This evening, head out to explore the endlessly varied bars and restaurants of colourful Beale Street.
Don't miss today's optional full-day Memphis Sounds excursion, which will include a visit to the famous Sun Studio, the recording birthplace of legends from Elvis to the mighty BB King, and to perhaps the most famous southern 'mansion' of all, Elvis's iconic Graceland.
Enjoy a scenic drive through the wooded Tennessee hills and farmland to Nashville, the world capital of country music.
Today's optional excursion introduces you to the Country Music Hall of Fame, Ryman Auditorium, original home to the Grand Ole Opry, and legendary Studio B - the starting point for more popular hits than any other recording studio in the USA.
Journey south to cheery Chattanooga - of Choo-Choo fame - for a short visit, then head to Atlanta Airport in the afternoon to board your flight home.
Arrive back home, after an overnight flight.
Further Information - Click here to display details
Hotel Information - Click here to display details
Prices & Departure Dates - Click here to display details
Customer Reviews - Click here to display details