Seville, Granada and Classic Spain
May 2014 - November 2015
2016 EARLY BOOKING OFFER!*
SAVE £50 PER BOOKING - QUOTE CODE B9QAMB
The beautiful southern province of Andalucia, birthplace of Picasso, home of flamenco and cradle of the gypsy life, is a land of history and legend, where some of Europe's most wonderful cities are set against a backdrop of high plains and sun-blessed coast. Join us there for a superb value holiday.
Tour Highlights And Inclusions
- Stay in the heart of the 'real' Andalucia, in the hills behind the sun-kissed 'Costa'
- Enjoy a full-day visit to Seville, the 'City of Flamenco' and setting for Bizet's 'Carmen'
- Journey towards the Sierra Nevada, beneath which the great Moorish city of Granada stands
- Enjoy an included tour of the exquisite palace and gardens of the world-renowned Alhambra
- Vist the Andalucian city of Ronda
- Five nights' bed and breakfast accommodation at the three-star Hotel Las Villas de Antikaria, Antequera (upgrades available)
- Return flights from your chosen airport to Malaga
- Comfortable, air-conditioned coach travel and transfers
- Fully escorted by a friendly, experienced Tour Manager
Single rooms are available for a supplement
Friendly and typically Andalusian, Antequera lies on a plain between mountains and olive-covered hills. Ancient in origin - and well known for nearby prehistoric burial chambers like 'Cueva de la Menga', its Roman baths and 13th-century castle - Antequera is a provincial town with a selection of shops, restaurants and bars.
Fly to Malaga and transfer to your hotel.
Today's included excursion is to Seville. In this city of sleepy squares fringed with orange trees, see the huge cathedral, the Giralda Tower and the exquisite Moorish Alcazar. Stop for tapas and a glass of fino (payable locally) in one of Seville's many tapas bars.
Relax today, or join our full-day optional excursion to Cordoba. This elegant, former Roman and Moorish capital of Spain has at its heart the breathtaking Mezquita - the huge Mosque into which the Christian cathedral has been incorporated. After a guided tour of this magnificent edifice, you're free to explore the narrow lanes and corridors of the nearby ancient Juderia.
On today's excursion you'll travel, through a countryside dotted with villages of whitewashed houses, to stunning Ronda. Set above the dramatic El Tajo gorge, which cuts a swathe through the sierra, this once-Moorish citadel is a maze of narrow streets with fine Renaissance houses, a historic bull-ring and - across the Puente Nuevo bridge which spans the gorge - fascinating Roman-style baths.
Today we'll journey to the great city of Granada. Set atop three hills, this former Moorish capital is one of Spain's greatest treasures. Enjoy a guided tour of the awe-inspiring Alhambra, the beautiful formal gardens and walled settlement crowned with the one of the world's finest Moorish palaces, and spend some free time in the city afterwards (depending on time).
Transfer back to the airport for check-in and your flight home.
Further Information - Click here to display details
Hotel Information - Click here to display details
Prices & Departure Dates - Click here to display details
Customer Reviews - Click here to display details