Elvis Presley's Memphis, New Orleans and Nashville
March 2012 - May 2014
LOW DEPOSITS - JUST £50 UNTIL 31ST MAY!*
BOOK YOUR HOLIDAY TODAY!
Join us and step into the world of Robert Johnson, Chuck Berry, Dolly Parton and, of course, Elvis Presley. We'll cross the Mississippi River Delta, where the blues began, to the birthplace of jazz in New Orleans, and follow the river to the hometown of The King and rock 'n' roll before heading west, to Nashville ? the world capital of country music.
Tour Highlights And Inclusions
- Montgomery is resting place of country legend Hank Williams
- Journey through the sleepy countryside of Alabama
- Spend two nights in New Orleans, the irrepressible, colourfully exuberant and laid-back 'Big Easy' and birthplace of jazz
- Take in the atmosphere of New Orleans' famous French Quarter
- Visit Elvis' tiny birthplace in Tupelo, Mississippi
- Cotton capital Memphis, Tennessee - once home to the 'King'
- Enjoy an evening on Memphis' famous Beale Street
- Discover Nashville, world capital of Country Music
- Seven nights' room-only accommodation at a series of good-quality hotels in Montgomery (1 night), New Orleans (2), Memphis (2) and Nashville (2)
- Return flights from your chosen airport to Atlanta
- Comfortable, air-conditioned coach travel and transfers
- Fully escorted by a friendly, experienced Tour Manager in the USA
Single rooms are available for a supplement
Fly into Atlanta, then transfer to the Alabama state capital, Montgomery. Spend the night in the city where country legend Hank Williams was born, and where a special museum celebrates his short, spectacular career.
The gentle landscape of Harper Lee's Alabama gives way to the vast verdant wetlands of Louisiana as we follow the Gulf Coast to New Orleans. Once there, head out to absorb the exuberant energy of this lively city, or board a steamboat for our optional dinner jazz cruise.
Explore the Big Easy on today's optional guided tour. See the iron-balconies and covered sidewalks the French Quarter, the brightly painted wooden houses of Treme and the three spires of St Louis Cathedral on Jackson Square.
Later, head into the surrounding countryside in search of the soul of Creole on our optional Louisiana swampland excursion, then return to the 'Quarter' for a night exploring the bars and clubs where the sounds and spirits of Louis Armstrong and 'King' Oliver still linger.
Our focus shifts from jazz to rock 'n' roll today, as we leave New Orleans and head to Elvis Presley's birthplace - Tupelo, Mississippi. You'll have time to visit the tiny house where The King was born (entrance payable locally), before we continue to Memphis.
Settle in to your third hotel, then head to Beale Street for an evening of great music and great food.
Today's full-day optional excursion includes a visit to legendary Sun Studio, where music legends from Elvis Presley and Roy Orbison to Johnny Cash and BB King recorded, and to Elvis's beloved home and the world's most famous rock 'n' roll residence - Graceland.
Relax as our coach carries you through the rolling woods and farmland of Tennessee to Nashville - the city that remains the heart and soul of country music.
On today's optional excursion you'll explore the Country Music Hall of Fame, and have the chance to discover the recording studio that spawned more hit songs than any other in America - legendary Studio B.
Our final day takes us south, via Chattanooga - bizarrely the first city in the US to develop its own typeface - as we return to Atlanta Airport to check in for your flight back to the UK.
Arrive home, after an overnight flight.
Further Information - Click here to display details
Hotel Information - Click here to display details
Prices & Departure Dates - Click here to display details
Customer Reviews - Click here to display details